OCTOBER 3rd & 4th 2015
10.30am & 2.00pm : FARM TOURS: Walk through the caper paddock – learn how they grow, try your hand at picking. Followed by a tasting of Bunya Red Farm’s PRIZE WINNING capers & caperberries. Feed the alpacas – try for a cuddle too
12.00pm : PICNIC IN THE PADDOCK: Bring a blanket, comfy chairs or a hay bale. Lunch will be available for purchase starting at $15 for a Bunya Red Farm Ploughman’s Platter or a South Burnett Country Meal (meat or veg available) for $20.
WINE : will be available for purchase and tasting courtesy of Cloverly Estate
VIEW : Enjoy the stunning setting of Bunya Red Farm which looks out towards the Bunya Mountains which is dotted with farms and beautiful rich soils. Lounge around or mingle with your new friends while the kids run around.
MENU: Will be announced closer to the date with all the local providers.
COST : FREE , bookings essential
BOOKING : Contact Mandy Evans 0402 245 780 or email@example.com. Secure your place on a farm tour or book in just for lunch to soak up the view.
WHAT TO BRING : Picnic blanket or comfy seats, hat, sunscreen, insect repellent (just in case), comfortable footwear for walking around a farm. Don’t forget your camera for the view because it is stunning.
CAMPING : Available from $10 a night. Bookings are essential.
From Kingaroy: Travel 16 klm south west of Kingaroy, from Ken Mills Toyota, on the Bunya Highway (follow Dalby signs). Turn RIGHT into Reedy Creek Road – travel 6 klm west (past Deep Creek Rd & Benair Rd intersections). Turn RIGHT at Wattlegrove Road cross road. Travel 1.4klm on dirt road to our gate – 544 on RIGHT. (Signage will direct you from Reedy Creek Road).
From Brisbane: Head north via the Bruce Highway and take the Kilcoy Exit 152. Follow the signs to Kingaroy through Kilcoy making a right hand turn. Continue north west. Take a left turn in Nanango following the signs to Kingaroy.
WHY COME VISIT OUR FARM?
- Learn about how to grow capers.
- We are the only caper growers in Queensland and we have won several awards.
- Try your hand at picking capers.
- Visit our working farm and see our animals; cows, alpacas and guinea fowl.
- See how crops are grown in our fertile red soil.
- Nothing beats getting some country air in the lungs. Walk around the property and enjoy our view of the Bunya Mountains. It’s breathtaking.
- Enjoy some peace and quiet.
- Taste the local foods from the area, along with some of our capers.
- Camping available from $10 a night.
- On a clear night you can see all the stars in the sky. It’s very pretty.
THINGS TO BE AWARE OF
- The weather can be very hot & dry in the summer, and sub zero in winter. A Mediterranean Climate – Perfect for growing capers.
- There is about 1.5 klm of dirt road, recently graded, to get to our gate.
- It is a working farm. There are hazards to be aware of. Barb wire fences are sharp, the ground is uneven to walk on. Please wear suitable footwear & clothing plus a hat! Be aware – keep alert, but still take the time to enjoy your visit.
- Do not wear white! (Pants or shoes) Our red soil stains easily, even bare feet go home red.
- People on their way to or from the Bunya Mountains or visiting the South Burnett. We are 8 klm from the highway.TRAVEL TIME: Brisbane CBD 3½ hrs, Gympie 2 hrs, Dalby 1hr, Nanango 30 mins, Kingaroy 20 mins, Bunya Mtns 45mins, Bjelke Petersen Dam 1hr, Wineries – many, within 1hr radius.