Light and fluffy quiche wit a bit of extra caper tang!
- Pre-heat your oven to 180’c and line a 20 cm quiche dish with baking paper.
- Start by making the pastry; rub the flour and butter through your fingers in a bowl until it resembles bread crumbs. Stir through the sour cream and then cover and put in the fridge for 20min to rest.
- Press the dough into the quiche dish and prick the bottom with a fork. Bake for 12 – 15min or until lightly golden.
- To make the filling, crack the eggs into a bowl and add the milk and pepper and whisk to combine, put to the side. Once the quiche pastry is par cooked arrange the asparagus spears, salmon in the dish. Cover with the egg mixture and then sprinkle over the capers and tasty cheese.
- Return the quiche to the oven and bake for a further 40mintues or until golden.
- Serve with a light tomato salad with a little parsley.
NOTE: Do not add any salt to the pie as both the capers and salmon are salty. If you like you can also roll out your pastry and line your quiche dish instead of pressing it in. The result will be more of an even pastry shell.