A lovely pasta dish with the beautiful piquant flavour that capers add to a dish.
Serves 4500g spaghetti, cooked 2 tbsp olive oil 100g butter 1 brown onion, finely sliced 1 clove of garlic, finely diced 2 red chillies, finely sliced *optional (replace with a little red capsicum) 50g capers in salt 1 lemon, zested and juiced salt and pepper spring onions/parsley finely chopped as garnish
- In a large deep frypan heat the olive oil over medium heat and cook the onions until they soften, continuously stirring.
- Add the butter and garlic and cook until the butter has melted and the garlic is fragrant.
- Add the chilli and capers (be sure to soak the capers in water to wash all the salt off them before using) stir for 30 seconds to heat and then add the lemon zest and juice.
- Quickly add the pasta and coat in the buttery sauce in the pan.
- Season with a little salt and plenty of pepper. Garnish with spring onions or flat leaf parsley. Serve immediately.